Thursday, August 4, 2011

Where The Heck Is ?

Different Auckland town centres have adopted Rugby teams from countries that qualified for the World Cup.
I found out information about : Mangere Bridge
The location in Auckland; In Mangere
Something special about this place;
A 'potted' history of the place; Mangere Bridge is very important to the community.
If it has it's own symbol of some sort.
we chose a picture that told more about the place

“Where The Heck Is Mangere Bridge?”

Two minutes drive from the airport hotels and motels takes you to our very own typical New Zealand. it is located in the south side.

Mangere Bridge Village is renowned as a friendly, yet “real” taste of Kiwiana, and is a great way to acclimatize to New Zealand culture. The area is steeped in history and has a rich cultural heritage stemming from Maori settlement in the early 1800’s through to a vibrant Chinese market gardening community and European settlement.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cruz,

    I'm a student at the University of South Alabama in the United States. This is my first time blogging. I am so amazed at all of the ways people can stay connected while being so many miles away!

    After I read your blog I realized I had no idea what rugby was about. I looked up a video on YouTube and it actually seems like a pretty intense sport. I would say it's a cross between football (soccer) and American football. How long have you been playing the sport?

    Also, have you ever been to Mangere Bridge village? It seems like a nice area. Do they have their own rugby team?

    Well, keep up the good work and I hope to hear from you. If you'd like, you can visit my blog.

    Take care,
    Lana

    ReplyDelete